Tuesday 19 August 2008

Update August 2008

Since Feb I managed to cut down on Diet Coke and lost one stone in weight.

But in June 2008 the stress of a new job meant I fell back to it - as a prop - makes me think faster (I think).

Things I discovered since June 2008.

Diet Coke makes me crave sweet food - makes me crave sensation. I gained nearly half a stone July - August 2008.

I sleep better without Diet Coke and feel healthier.

So from 17 August 2008 I'm trying to avoid it (not had any in two days).

Have not realised it, but been trying to eat like this:

http://women.timesonline.co.uk/tol/
life_and_style/women/diet_and_fitness/article4523487.ece


"But why are carbs such a problem? The very persuasive answer to this is why I went on the diet. Humans evolved over millions of years, probably on the African savanna. We were, for almost all our existence, hunter-gatherers – agriculture and settlement began only 10,000 years ago. Both sides of the dietary debate agree that this means we are omnivorous – hunter-gatherers have to be – and that because of our massive brains we have unusual energy requirements. Both sides also agree that settlement and civilisation changed our diet and living conditions radically. We may live longer because we are better protected from predatory beasts and all the other traumas that would have afflicted early man, but we also have new diseases, new miseries. "

No comments: